Here are some tips we wanted to share with you.
- The best way to remove a bad habit is to replace it with a good habit
- Identify when / why you will act on this bad habit
- Think of a new action you will take instead of the old bad habit
- Example: Instead of eating ice cream make a protein shake
- Think about this new action a few times a day
- Tonight I am going to watch a movie and drink a protein shake
- Take that positive action as soon you start the activity that leads to your bad habit
- as soon as the movie starts you start drinking that protein shake. Have it pre made if necessary.
- FORCE yourself to do #4 and #5 consistently for 30 days. NO days off!!!
- TRUST yourself that you can do #6. You need to believe in yourself.
After 30 days of doing these 7 steps you will have removed 1 bad habit from your life and replaced it with a new healthy habit. You will gain confidence and you will feel much better about yourself.
Once you do this once it will be very easy to do a 2nd time… a 3rd time and just keep the process going.
BTW this works great for changing up what you eat but it will also work in other areas of your life where you have bad or unhealthy habits. If you are not working out enough or just want to work out more these same steps will also help.
Please let me know if you have any questions. I would love to help as many people as I can get rid of some bad habits and replace them with good habits.