Today I would like to share an old video that we took during a Gracie Jiu Jitsu class. In a way a lot has changed since we shot this video. We moved into a bigger space and now have over 4000 square feet of spring loaded mats, We have a separate area just for our boxing team, we doubled the amount of classes and programs we have to offer and we are still in the process of expanding.
At the same time the the core belief and system we specialize has not changed. That system is Gracie Jiu Jitsu.
Gracie Jiu Jitsu
Studying Gracie Jiu Jitsu is the absolute fastest way to become proficient defending yourself from the most common attacks you will see in street fights, muggings or random attacks. Gracie Jiu Jitsu is also EASY to learn. You do not need to be a star athlete, you do not have to be super strong and you do not need to be extremely effective for the techniques to work. You just need good instruction and a safe training environment. You will find a great staff of professional instructor all who have studied DIRECTLY under the legendary Royce Gracie. Our training facility is second to none when it comes to safety. We have over 4000 square feet of mat space so you always have plenty of room to train and the mats lay on top of a spring loaded foundation much like you would see at an Olympic gymnastic studio.
The video shows a very common sequence of events that we drill at Scranton MMA.
- Close the distance. Avoid getting punched in the face and get into grappling range.
- Establish control of our opponent in the clinch. This allows us to get into a great position for a throw or take down.
- Trip, Throw or take down our opponent. This starts to get us into position to execute a submission
- Achieve the mount. One of the safest and most dominant positions.
- Execute a submission. In this video we practice both the straight arm bar or rear naked choke
It is hard to describe the feeling that learning a sequence like this will do for your confidence. It is also hard to illustrate in a short video what the health and fitness benefits are to practicing Gracie Jiu Jitsu. You will get stronger, faster, lose fat and gain muscle.
Hope you enjoyed the video!